ROALD DAHL’S MARVELLOUS CHILDREN’S CHARITY
This year we have decided to support Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity. The charity provides specialist nurses to support seriously ill children with complex and lifelong conditions to lead more marvellous lives!
We aim to run a variety of different fundraising events across our settings from bake sales and book sales, to ‘Beat the…..’ and a Danceathon! Any form of donation and show of support will be hugely appreciated. You can donate by:
– The Charity Collection Tins are on site at each of our clubs
– Our justgiving link can be accessed here: The Gap Club Ltd is fundraising for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity (justgiving.com)
As a charity they work in partnership with the NHS to find innovative ways to ensure children and families have the care and support they need. They focus on improving the healthcare outcomes and resilience of children and families suffering from underfunded and under resourced conditions.
They have four key outcomes:
- Improve quality of care
- Improve experience of care
- Improve efficiency and cost effectiveness of care
- Improve resilience of seriously ill children and their families.
They have four charitable programmes that enable them to do this:
- Roald Dahl Specialist Nurses- these nurses are a vital lifeline for seriously ill children and their families. They support them clinically and emotionally by often coordinating care for them and staying with these children until adulthood. These specialist nurses operate across a variety of specialisms and make a huge difference.
- Nurse Development- the charity works with their nurses to provide opportunities for them to improve their skills, build a peer network and ensure that best practice is shared across the Roald Dahl Nurse Network. They also work with their nurses on leadership and service improvement making them incredibly valuable to their services.
- Nurse Led Innovation- they support their nurses to solve problems creatively. Using a cohort approach and through partnerships they work closely with their nurses to innovatively improve healthcare outcomes for children.
- Marvellous Family Support Service- this service helps families to access their benefit entitlements. It supports families to overcome their financial worries and helps to relieve their stress and anxiety.
This charity has 82 specialist nurses established, at any one time they are supporting 24,000 children and young people and they have 44 partnerships with NHS trusts and health boards.
You can find out more information on Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity by clicking the link below: