ROALD DAHL’S MARVELLOUS CHILDREN’S CHARITY
This year we have decided to support Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity as it provides specialist nurses to support seriously ill children with complex and lifelong conditions to lead more marvellous lives!
We aim to run a variety of different fundraising events across our settings from bake sales and book sales, to ‘Beat the…..’ and event a Danceathon! Any form of donation and show of support will be hugely appreciated. You can donate by:
– The Charity Collection Tins on site at each of our clubs
– Our justgiving link at The Gap Club Ltd is fundraising for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity (justgiving.com)
As a charity they work in partnership with the NHS to find innovative ways to ensure children and families have the care and support they need. They do this through improving the healthcare outcomes and resilience of the children and families and they focus on conditions that are underfunded and under resourced.
They have four key outcomes:
- Improve quality of care
- Improve experience of care
- Improve efficiency and cost effectiveness of care
- Improve resilience of seriously ill children and their families.
They have four charitable programmes that enable them to do this:
- Roald Dahl Specialist Nurses- these nurses are a vital lifeline for seriously ill children and their families, they support them clinically and emotionally, and they often coordinate care for them and often stay with them until adulthood. These specialist nurses operate across a variety of specialisms and make a huge difference.
- Nurse Development- they work with their nurses to provide opportunities for them to improve their skills, to build a peer network and ensure that the best practice is shared across the Roald Dahl Nurse Network. They also work with their nurses on leadership and service improvement making them incredibly valuable to their services.
- Nurse Led Innovation- they support their nurses to solve problems creatively. Using a cohort approach and through partnership working they work closely with their nurses to improve healthcare outcomes for children through innovation.
- Marvellous Family Support Service- this service helps families to access their benefit entitlements, it supports families to overcome their financial worries and they help to relieve their stress and anxiety.
This charity has 82 specialist nurses established, at any one time they are supporting 24,000 children and young people and they have 44 partnerships with NHS trusts and health boards.
You can find out more information on Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity by clicking the following link:
Home | Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity (roalddahlcharity.org)