New Holiday Club at St George’s Junior School
Starting this Christmas!
Hello and welcome to The Gap Club at St George’s Junior School, an established Ofsted registered Outstanding provider of childcare, bridging the gap in hours between work and school to provide all year round childcare for your convenience and the enjoyment of the children.
For those of you who don’t know us, we have been working in partnership with St George’s to provide wraparound childcare for children aged 3 to 11. We started our successful After School and Breakfast Clubs at the beginning of November 2020 and are now excited to be able to enhance our wraparound childcare service to the school community, with the addition of our New Holiday Club provision.
We are delighted to confirm that we will be running a Christmas Holiday Club from the 14th to 18th December at St George’s Junior School and a Saturday Christmas Shopping Day on the 12th December. The theme for the festive week is ‘Cracking Christmas’ which will be offering lots of exciting and fun seasonal activities for your children to enjoy.
The Christmas Holiday Club will be led by very experienced and qualified staff such as Natasha and Iris and their team which will ensure the children meet familiar faces, feel secure, happy and safe with the continuity of provision further supported by the fact that the Holiday Club will operate from the same areas that we use in term time.
Please visit our website for further details and in particular take a look at the Parent FAQ’s and testimonials, and if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Our childcare service will:
- Accept children aged 3 to 11
- If you wish your younger rising 3 children to attend, please contact us at email@example.com
- We will open from 8:30am-5:30pm from the 14th – 18th December
- We will open from 10am-2pm on the 12th December
The Holiday Club uses the Mulberry Hall for arrivals, registration and our very popular arts and crafts and cooking workshops and the music classrooms above for our interactive and personalised play space and activities. Each age group benefits from age appropriate planning and resources with the space skilfully designed to reflect stages and ability.
We are proud to be ‘more than just a service’ to our families and parents and are excited to be part of an even wider community serving the school and the local community.
We look forward to warmly welcoming you into our ‘Gap Club Family’ and delivering that special sparkle, happiness, comfort and fun that a only a home from home experience brings.
Here is a snapshot of the festive fun week:
- Arts and crafts workshops including ‘make your own’ crackers with a treat inside, Christmas wreathes to hang on your door, pinecone ornaments to decorate the house with and lots more creative crafts that the children can also choose to do.
- Cooking (Covid-safe) workshops for everyone to enjoy including snowflake biscuits, Christmas fairy cakes and a healthy Christmas challenge!
- Indoor and Outdoor Fun: Alongside our workshops we offer lots of fun, friendly and child led activities across all age ranges and needs. Our children benefit from lots of table top board games, larger floor activities, social activities such as role play, team games, challenges and quizzes and also mindfulness and quiet zones. Outside play is part of our daily routine with access to sports equipment and structured sports activities for those who wish to take part or simply burn some energy off with traditional outdoor games or enjoy the great outdoors and go exploring on a nature walk.
Covid-19 & Drop/Collect procedures
- Parents will be able to park in the surrounding residential roads and walk their child to the school to the pencil fence at the right hand side of the main school reception. We will sign in your child at this point and then take them to their bubble area.
- Collection will also be via the pencil fence and your child will be brought to you at this point with their belongings and any wonderful creations they have done during their day.
- Please visit our website www.thegapclub.com for all Covid-19 notices and updates. We ask you to please adhere to ALL Government Guidance and Restrictions currently in place for the Pandemic.