Are you looking for a fun and rewarding career?
Join our friendly and supportive team where you can inspire and empower children.
A job where you can really make a difference.
As a company The Gap Club are passionate about delivering high quality childcare whilst creating a variety of exciting play experiences for children.
Role and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of the Business Unit for Clubs. They are tasked with ensuring the growth of the BU and the BU P&L. They report to the General Manager. This will be a dual role split between our Head Office in Old Windsor and supervising one of our after school clubs (please see the After School Club Supervisor job description for more details on this part of the role).
The primary responsibilities will include:
Head Office Role
- Governance: Ensure all Policies & Procedures are communicated to Clubs and monitored to ensure clubs are adhering to ALL policies and changes. Ensure formal acceptance and understanding of policies by all staff
- Staffing: Ensure that all clubs are manned with appropriately qualified staffing levels in accordance with policies and forecast staffing needs and new recruit requirements based on demand and bookings. Manage all staff rotas for all clubs including Holiday Club set up and stock movement teams
- Staffing: Ensure staff perform administrative duties on time and are representing TGC in a professional manner at all times and perform appropriate line management duties including review/appraisals/disciplinary actions together with the General Manager and SMT/SLT
- Staff Payroll: Ensure all logs are completed in a quality and readable format by all staff and signed-off by the SMT/SLT where needed. Reconciling of rota amendments to the staffing system to ensure correct in readiness for payroll. Completion of hours in to payroll excel including the logging and reasoning of any deductions and overtime
- HR: Track staff absence and ensure completion of return to work interviews by staff line managers
- Asset management: Be responsible for ensuring all clubs and Head Office maintain their stock of activities & materials and perform quarterly stock inventories
- Customer Service: Ensure all customer service issues/complaint are dealt with promptly and effectively
- Staffing: Must request agency staff and own staffing budgets across Clubs BU
- Manage escalations from club, parents and staff and ensure satisfactory resolution
- Reporting: Provide regular weekly KPI, P&L reporting to the board of directors with club level and category breakdown across all BU functions
- Expand the Club BU by proactively implementing a scalable operation with clubs being self managing
- Ensure all clubs follow strategic direction aligned with corporate goals and maintain quality childcare
- Be fully accountable for all operational aspects of the BU: Clubs
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as required by the Board and General Manager
Qualifications , Skills and Experience Requirements
An experienced professional with proven experience & capability in:
- L3 or above childcare qualification
- Ideally over 5 years of childcare experience
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office software: word, excel, powerpoint
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be highly organized and efficient with time
- Must have strong leadership and line management experience
- Must have deep experience in target monitory and inspiring staff
- Must have experience of and know how to discipline children for misbehavior in childcare setting
- Must have excellent written and oral skills
- Must have strong line management experience
- Must be an attention to detail person who can assure quality control across all clubs
- Must have experience of auditing and quality assurance organisations in a similar sized SME
- Must have a can do, fun, positive attitude and be a team player
- 100% free childcare whilst working for The Gap Club
- Professional development training and mentoring available including opportunities to gain childcare qualifications
- Company pension contribution
- Wellness program